[ENet-discuss] allocating lots of channels

ingmar wirths ingmania at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 17 04:23:25 PDT 2008

Hello,

i was wondering if allocating lots of channels would decrease ENets performence.

My background is: I want to send messages of different types. My
approach so far was
to prefix every message with some char, indicating the type of the
message. This limits
the number of different types to 256, of course, but that should be enough.

Now i was thinking of just having a channel for every message type.
Are channels meant
to be used this way? I probably need up to 30 or maybe 50 channels, if
i'd do it this way.

So basically my question is, what is more efficient: to prefix my
messages with some char,
or to use lots of channels?

Cheers
ingmar