[ENet-discuss] Newbie error - VC++6

Matija Runkas matija.runkas at zg.t-com.hr
Tue May 23 04:26:25 PDT 2006

Hi,

Im a newb in C++ waters so i need some quick help.
Been doing some things in VC++ 6 and it worked nicely, with alot of pain of course :-)
Anyway while working on network FPS game using, well one game engine (dont want advertise here) I found it is cripling me
since I am able to create games for only 4 players and its perfromance is not what I expected. In order to learn more and make
this "thing" work properly I ventured into creating network dll as this engine supports use of such things.
I tried RakNet and did some basic stuff with it unfortunaly they changed their licencing and i dont have $$ to buy it.
So i found Enet, look like very much what I need.

Unfortunaly im a VC newb so I cant get it to work.

I follwed brief instructions on how to get it into my project and I have read trough threads on disscusion board named
"Initialization" and havent found solution.
I have included only:

#include "enet\enet.h"

and added functions that are suposed to only initialize and deinitialize Enet:

#define DLL_USE
#include "adll.h"

//#include "win32.h"

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule,
                       DWORD  ul_reason_for_call,
                       LPVOID lpReserved
      )
{
 engine_bind();
    return TRUE;
}

DLLFUNC var DllInitNet(void) //main (int argc, char ** argv)
{
    if (enet_initialize () !    {
        //fprintf (stderr, "An error occurred while initializing ENet.\n");
        return _VAR(1);//return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }
    atexit (enet_deinitialize);
 return _VAR(0);
}

Compiling spits this out and i cant get rid of it:

test1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _enet_deinitialize
test1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _enet_initialize
Debug/test1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

In other "similar" threads people said "put -lenet" somewhere, but I dont know where to put that, if that would solve it?

Matija