[ENet-discuss] ENET_EVENT_TYPE_DISCONNECT with peer address == 0 + additional questions

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Tue Jul 4 15:25:23 PDT 2006

Intripoon wrote:
> How do you know when it's save to close a connection if you want to
> ensure that the packets you sent arrived.

You have to implement an application-level reliable acknowledgement
of disconnect.  Not ideal IMHO, but that's the way it is.

> Another thing that made me wonder: If I send the large packet on channel
> 1. While it gets transferred, I send small packets of 16 bytes on
> channel 0. All ENET_PACKET_FLAG_RELIABLE. Now, I'ld expect the small
> packets to arrive before the large packet arrives, because they are
> small and on another channel. What happens is, nothing arrives until the
> large packet got transmitted.

I'd say that your expectation seems reasonable, but not something
that could be relied upon - really these ARE sequentially being shot
to the same port no matter how much ENet gives a multiplexed
view of it, so there's a hidden queue for various reasons.  Hm.

--adam