[ENet-discuss] unreliable vs. reliable packets

Lee Salzman lsalzman1 at cox.net
Thu Aug 10 07:26:39 PDT 2006

Neither. In terms of mechanics, unsequenced packets get a subsequence
number.

So if the last reliable packet sent out had sequence number 2, then the
next unreliable packet gets sequence number 2.1, unreliable packet after
that gets 2.2, etc. The next reliable packet sent out will have sequence
number 3. It will get delivered IFF packets 1 and 2 have been delivered,
but it doesn't care whether or not 2.1 and 2.2 got there.

Lee