[ENet-discuss] Reliable packets, Part 3

Gregory Hassett greg at hassett.com
Wed May 11 06:50:06 PDT 2005

My question about how a sender can know when a packet has arrived at its
destination has another twist - yes, I can look at the commands being
handled in enet_protocol_handle_acknowledge, and look at the reliable
sequence numbers... but this will only tell me when a FRAGMENT is
acknowledged (for packets with large data lengths).

What I really need is for ENet to somehow signal the sender when a packet
has been acknowledged by its recipient - that is, ALL fragments have been
acknowledged.  And of course, I'd also like the ENet to signal the sender if
that packet (possibly consisting of multiple fragments) fails to reach its
recipient after a number of retries and waits.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Greg