[ENet-discuss] Stronger UDP checksum?

Kevin Wasserman kwasserman at maddocsoftware.com
Wed Jun 1 13:50:32 PDT 2005

I've got a user who seems to occasionally (every

5 minutes or so, which is frequently enough) transmit

a packet that becomes corrupted but apparently

passes the UDP checksum and then naturally

wreaks havok on my app.  I was wondering if

anyone else had had a similar exerience and

thinking that I might add an option to enet to

provide a stronger checksum (e.g. CRC32) when

sending a packet. For reliable packets, particularly,

I think it makes sense to do it in enet rather than

at a higher level.  Any thoughts?

-Kevin Wasserman