[ENet-discuss] Large data packets over ENet

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Thu Feb 3 03:06:39 PST 2005

Jacco Bikker wrote:
> I use the code from www.oberhumer.com . It's old, but the author claims
> that it is still the fastest compression code around. He claims 5Mb/s on a
> P133 (it's that old ;) ), all I can say is that it compresses the full
> 768KB in about 40ms on my system (1.7Ghz). That's very little overhead,
> and just like rendering, it is distributed over the slave systems.

Here's a little-known gem for you:
http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/liblzf.html

I don't know how it compares to the fastest variant of LZO,
but it lives up to its claim of being a weak LZ-like block
compressor that runs at about the speed of an unoptimized
memcpy (yow).  Good license, too.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3