[ENet-discuss] Large data packets over ENet

Jacco Bikker jacco.bikker at overloaded.com
Wed Feb 2 11:28:21 PST 2005

I know what you mean, but I tried TCP, and it doesn't work for me. The
problem is the latency: Ideally, I want to connect 16 or more computers.
This would allow me to render 1024x768 @ 25fps or faster. The size of the
transfer would indeed justify TCP, but the desired speed makes this a less
optimal choice. I heard that there's a protocol for streaming video; that
might be something to check out. In my case, it's not a big problem when I
miss a packet; it would mean that some display lines don't get updated for
one frame. But speed is essential.