[ENet-discuss] Data loss on disconnect?

Lee Salzman lsalzman1 at cox.net
Tue Aug 2 13:51:26 PDT 2005

I had debated this and ultimately decided that disconnect should
override any pending requests, and other behaviors can easily be
emulated over it. You need to send a packet to the peer that marks the
end of any communication, which the peer should acknowledge after it's
processed all pending packets before it. After you receive the
acknowledgement, then you do your disconnect.

Lee