[ENet-discuss] [Q] auto-disconnect timeout ?

Benoit Germain bgermain at ubisoft.fr
Mon Nov 29 00:12:35 PST 2004

> [mailto:enet-discuss-bounces at cubik.org] De la part de Lee Salzman
>
> What sort of predictable are you looking for? Do you want the
> disconnect to always happen after a fixed number of seconds?
>
> Lee

Yes, that would be the ideal behaviour.

Also, I have a related question: the documentation says that in case no ack
is received,  reliable packets are resent "a reasonable number of times"
before they are dropped. Does that mean that if that situation occurs, the
packet is considered lost, and communication can resume 'normally' for other
packets, or does ENet consider the peer disconnected in that case ? The
second behaviour is much preferable, so I guess that's the case, but I'd
rather be sure :-)

Benoit Germain
][ Engineer
mailto:bgermain at ubisoft.fr