[ENet-discuss] ENet for use over wireless networks

Pete Diemert pete_diemert at msn.com
Fri May 7 20:08:04 PDT 2004

Rene,

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, in our case our server may actually be communicating over a wired line in certain scenarios that are not easily detectable.  Globally turning of Nagle would be seriously detrimental to the wired case, especially when the link is being routed over the Internet.  Beyond throttling, there is the flow-control traffic of TCP which is very expensive over wireless.  These have always been notorious issues against TCP in wireless scenarios.

 Rene Dudfield wrote:
Sorry no enet answers.

Have you tried turning off nagle with tcp?  Using the socket option TCP_NO_DELAY

Have fun!