[ENet-discuss] ENet for use over wireless networks

Lee Salzman lsalzman at telerama.com
Fri May 7 07:06:28 PDT 2004

The funny thing is, ENet doesn't even use packet loss as an indicator of
changing network conditions just because it doesn't happen often enough
to really gauge what's going on. ENet instead uses changes in RTT of
reliable packets/pings to tweak the throttle.

Also, ENet can batch all protocol commands into a single UDP packet,
including acknowledgements. I imagine thsi should be helpful for
minimizing the amount of cross-talk.

Other than that I just want to gut the throttling code entirely based on
a scheme I outlined in an earlier post to the list, can't think of any
suggestions. :)

Lee