[ENet-discuss] Help with scatter/gather on CE platform

Pete Diemert pete_diemert at msn.com
Tue Mar 9 15:14:15 PST 2004

Hello, so far so good with ENet.  We have ported the library to the Windows
CE platform (3.0) in order to take advantage of the UDP capability on PDAs,
however, we are experiencing some problems in that the WSASendTo/WSARecvFrom
API are not supported on CE3.0 and instead we must use the original winsock
sendto()/recvfrom().  This means we must "fake" the scatter/gather
functionality of the newer WSA functions.  To make the port as easy as
possible we simply converted the single call to WSASendTo() into several
calls to sendto().  We are finding that this causes problems (presumably
with packet header/ordering info) when we try to send from the PDA (using
the "faked" sendto() implementation) to a desktop computer (using the
current WSARecvFrom()).  The data arrives but is disregarded due to bad
packet ordinals.

To make a long story short, has anyone modified ENet to use the standard
winsock api instead of the WSA functions?  If not, is there an easy
workaround that allows us to remove the WSA functions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Pete Diemert