[ENet-discuss] Re : Re: need some advice

ieugen222 ieugen222 at mailsurf.com
Thu Jul 29 14:23:29 PDT 2004

>If you don't know where to begin,then
>following the tutorial is a good start.I think the best way to learn is to study the source code.
>I have not compiled the enet.lib in linux.But I think just linking ws2_32.lib is OK.This is what I use in windows.
>Hope this will help.

     I  made the library and my program works so far (I also red the
tutorials) . I can make a server-based chat using enet (in fact i made a
primitiv server+client), but that won't work for me.
    I want something server-less, a thing that could work for  a local
area network (similar to VyPress chat,BORGChat and other, where the app
is both client and server). For that i need broadcast or multicast and I
chose broadcast because I don't perfectly understand multicast.
    I think i'm going to try to make some modiffications and try to add
an enet_broadcast() function, but i have a lot to learn and I don't have
that much time.