[ENet-discuss] need some advice

ieugen222 ieugen222 at mailsurf.com
Wed Jul 28 15:07:54 PDT 2004

      Hi i'm new to enet, i'm new to soket programing in fact. i want to
make my own chat program based on enet and i need to be able to send a
broadcast (255.255.255.255) so that everyone who lisens for connections
on my port can respond and initiate a connection ( a sort of server
discovery ).
        My problem is that i don't know how to do that with enet ( or if
it is possible to do a broadcast without messing things up) ;  plus  i'm
concerned about portability too so if you could make that a feature of
enet, that wold be great..
       Btw.  i didn't manage to compile enet folowing the instroctions
in INSTALL on my mandrake linux 10.0.I managed to compile finaly and
made a library libENet.a. I also compiled a version for windows ( with
mingw ). Althow  linking programs against the win version recuires that
you link also against libws2_32.a and libwsock32.a (in this order).
       p.s. i'm willing to help if there is anything i can do so.