[ENet-discuss] UDPX_TIME_OVERFLOW 86400000

Jim Purbrick Jpurbrick at climax.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 09:00:56 PST 2004

What's the reasoning behind this value? I would have thought it would be
~4294967295 for a unsigned int wrapping clock.

The reason I ask is that I need to rewrite the clock using our WallClock
time, which returns a double in seconds. In order to convert it to an ENet
style millisecond clock I multiply by 1000, fmod with
std::numeric_limits<int>::max() and then truncate to an integer.

Because I'm using integers, rather than unsigned ints, I expected to have to
change the overflow value to ~2147483647, but the existing value of 86400000
confused me.