[ENet-discuss] Connecting to self.

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Thu Dec 2 04:50:49 PST 2004

Benoit Germain wrote:
>>I have a funny problem.  My app listens on a port and then
>>attempts to connect to itself (for testing purposes, for
>>now).  But this merely eventually causes a DISCONNECT
>>(presumably time-out) event, with no CONNECT.
>
> I have player with two hosts in the same application, with one connecting to
> the other with no problem.

I think the key there might be that you are using two ENetHosts.
If I switch to two separate ENetHosts then I can connect to myself
fine, but I suspect that this is going to subtly upset the
auto-throttling (i.e. each ENetHost will try to throttle around
spikes caused by the other, since they don't share accounting).

Thanks,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3