[ENet-discuss] Broadcasting?

Martin Sherburn emxmns at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 13:51:06 PDT 2004

Hello Everybody,

I've been using enet for a while now, and i've gotta say it works great. I'm writting a game with it at the moment and it works much better than my previous attempts using TCP/IP. Anyway to get to the point, I want to be able to broadcast udp messages for LAN games. So when a computer creates a server, all other players on the LAN will be able to see the server. This can be done in two ways:

- client broadcasts a message, server will respond to this message giving the client the IP address to join.

- server broadcasts messages every few seconds, client listens for the broadcasts to find the IP address of the server.

Is this possible with enet as it stands? or will some extending need to be done? If anybody has done it already, i'd be very gratefull if you could share :p.

Thanks,

Martin Sherburn.