[ENet-discuss] A unified rate-based throttle for reliable and unreliable packets

Lee Salzman lsalzman at telerama.com
Sun Apr 4 17:26:33 PDT 2004

The probability would be calculated on every call to
enet_host_service/enet_host_flush. But otherwise, some VERY good points
here. Maybe the simplest way would be to weight this probability so that
the AVERAGE probability of dropping a packet is ultimately this
probability, however, the probability raises above this with increasing
age, and drops below this with decreasing age. An assumption could be
made that queue position reflects this age, so that unreliable packets
closer to the front of the queue (the oldest ones) have a much higher
chance of being dropped.

Lee