[ENet-discuss] Removing Channels and Reliable Ordering

Lee Salzman lsalzman at telerama.com
Mon Nov 17 10:04:16 PST 2003

Oh, I get you now! Well, in a way I'm almost tempted to support
unsequenced (un)reliable packets, but am not sure how much the
extra code would muck up the internals. Though, if there is a
strong need from enough people, I could accomodate it.

But more or less, you would have to add two incoming command queues
(one for unreliable, one for reliable) on the peer. You would still
need to keep the reliable sequence numbers for identifying packets
during acknowledgement. enet_peer_receive() would need to be rewritten
to scan the two queues for any completely assembled packets. Finally,
you could just get rid of the channel ids and channels entirely. That
would be about it. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Lee