[ENet-discuss] Finding host IP

James Turk james at conceptofzero.net
Tue Aug 12 01:39:50 PDT 2003

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching the list archives
but I may have missed it.  I was wondering, if there is a way in enet to
find the host IP, like on any given computer if there's a way I could
write a function using enet that would work like  char* localIP(); that
would just return the IP in IPv4 format.  Recieving the IP in the
internal uint32 format would work as well as I know how to convert that
back to a.b.c.d.  I've tried setting up a host on the same computer as a
client and connecting to the client as 127.0.0.1, thinking that perhaps
name resolution would find the real IP, but this only returns 127.0.0.1.
  If this isn't built into enet, if anybody else has used this
functionality before and could point me in the right direction to
writing my own outside of enet I'd appreciate the help.

             -James Turk